Finally! Welcome to Retirement
From Michael Rubin, former About.com Guide
Don't underestimate the importance of Social Security, nor the impact of your choices about how and when to take it.
- Why Social Security Matters
- Your Social Security Retirement Age
- Calculate Your Social Security Benefit
- Social Security and Early Retirement
- Social Security and Delayed Retirement
- Cost of Living Adjustments - Inflation Protection for Social Security
- Advanced Social Security Planning - How to Borrow from Social Security
If you're not one who's excited to talk about your eventual death, you're not alone. Still, be among those well-prepared for life's certainty. Make sure your heirs are taken care of in the manner you see fit. Here are some important considerations for doing just that.
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
- All About Gift Taxes
- How to Calculate the Value of Your Estate
Health and Long-Term Care Insurance
Millions of older Americans are unprepared for the likelihood of incurring extensive medical costs during their latter years. Be sure to choose your health and long-term insurance options wisely.
Spending Money in Retirement
You've saved your whole life to enjoy your golden years. Continue down your wisely selected path by considering the following factors when determining how best to access your funds when you're actually in retirement.
- How Much Can You Afford to Take From Your Retirement Account Each Year?
- The Impact of Inflation
- Normal Retirement Plan Distributions
- Required Minimum Distributions from Retirement Plans